Thursday, November 29, 2012

Burlap Ornaments

These are how they turned out.  I can't wait to decorate my tree this Sunday.
My theme is Burlap, Blues and Bling.  I have lot's of blue.  I needed to mass produce some burlap ornaments cheap and easy.
First I tried heat and bond.  I wanted to glue the burlap to cardboard.  This didn't seem to work very well.  I wasn't getting a good hold over the whole piece so I went to plan B.
Good ol' spray adhesive.  I use this for many things and it was just the thing I needed here to pull off this idea.  Spray the burlap and the cardboard for a stronger hold.
For the next step I traced shapes on the cardboard side.  Then I cut them out and punched a hole for an ornament hook.
Stacks and stacks.  I hope it is enough to get the effect I'm looking for on my tree.
Now I just have to figure out what the bling is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment