Friday, March 9, 2012

Yard Sale Season Has Begun

I went to work at 5:00 this morning which means lunch was at 9. Just in time to get up to a rummage sale at the Catholic church. It started at nine so parking was a nightmare and there were people shoulder to shoulder. I managed to scoot around the room and found a few items then beat feet out of there. I drove over to one on Walnut that said "furniture and vintage" in the ad put it had opened at 8:00 so I didn't hold out high hopes of finding anything. I got 4 table cloths, a platter and this little drop leaf table. Two guys who came in right after me wanted it but it was sold! Not bad for the first weekend of sales. There was another one I skipped. Had to get back to work.

I wanted these pine cones because they are hard to find. The bead wreath is pretty in pink and white. The basket was just holding the pine cones. I got a stack of table cloths, some at each sale. The round platter is heavy and simple. I scored for a first time out.

This is a little cabinet I picked up at the People Helping People Thrift Store while I was waiting for my window to be fixed. What will it be when it has a makeover. A couple drawers are missing but I can get Gareld to put shelves in there. It could be a great counter for the store with storage for change, bags, tissue and tags. What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment