Saturday, December 1, 2012

Transformation

     You can find sewing cabinets just about anywhere.  I got this one at a thrift store in The Dalles.  There were 5 or 6 there that day.  This one was a little bigger and heavier than most so I got it.  I had something in mind to do with it.
     It has possibilities.  What do you see?

    These handles are a bit outdated.  Old but not vintage.  I thought I could find some others.

     I added casters (well, Gareld did).   You can see here I also painted it white.

     I didn't make it up to Simply Sandy's for new handles so a little black spray paint gave them a new look that matched the new "feet".

    I sanded the old finish off the top and the bare wood looks like a cutting board.  So now I have a handy little kitchen island.  It will be for sale at the open house.


2 comments:

  1. Very clever! You've just got to have that vision of possibility in your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's as if they are new handles anyway. I kept looking at them cause they look different, then realized you just put them on upside down. Looks Great!

    ReplyDelete