Saturday, July 21, 2012

Like mother like daughter

My daughter Riley was watching HGTV with me this weekend and caught the junking bug. She wanted to go check out a salvage pile I go to every once in awhile, eventhough she's been there with me several times. She just wasn't interested before. She also wanted to build a headboard she had seen on pinterest. Yes! First we assembled our tools and supplies.


The table we worked on is one I built from reclaimed wood salvaged off the same pile she wanted to go to, as well as from some old fencing I got from my parents place in Union. We measured, cut and nailed.



Then she wanted to paint it! NO! You don't paint over the beautiful salvaged wood. What's the point of using slavaged wood? But she has an aqua thing going on right now, so I talked her into dry brush painting.



If you have to paint salvaged wood, I like this painted effect. Next we took it into her room and attached it to the wall.


Not too shabby! I know my oldest daughter wants a queen sized headboard made from reclaimed wood so this was good practice. And I got to pass on some skills to my youngest daughter. Shabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment